AW: XHTML 2.0 and hreflang and type

From: Oskar Welzl <oskar.welzl@pan.at>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:50:14 +0100
To: <ernestcline@mindspring.com>, "W3C HTML List" <www-html@w3.org>
Ernest,

> Perhaps I was being too subtle.

definitely. you should draw large letters with bright coloured crayons when talking to me. ;-)
no, it's only that you spotted the problem earlier than i did.

> The point I tried to obliquely raise in my
> descriptive to being
> proscriptive?"

i'm getting interested in this point, too. the more i think of it, the worse it gets. and it is, of course, exactly the same with the proposed change to hreflang.

we should not only get hreflang back into XHTML 2 (meaning: hreflang as it was until may 2003), we should probably also make people reconsider @type.

> I see no reason why type should be changed from being advisory as it is in
> HTML4 to being proscriptive as it is in the XHTML2 draft.

agreed.

regards,
oskar