titlelang (was:: XHTML 2.0 and hreflang)

From: Ernest Cline <ernestcline@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 06:11:00 -0500
To: "W3C HTML List" <www-html@w3.org>

Well, I don't.  The case where the title of an element
will be in a different language from its content is rare,
and can already be handled without adding a titlelang
attribute to clutter the Document Model for the vast
majority of documents that will not need it:

For Example:

Hwt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
eodcyninga,         rym gefrunon,
hu a elingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaena reatum,
monegum mgum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syan rest wear
feasceaft funden,         he s frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weormyndum ah,
ot him ghwylc         ara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         t ws god cyning!

By using either <div> or <span> as appropriate to handle
this case, the burden is placed on the rare case instead
of adding the burden of supporting an additional attribute
for the vast majority of cases which will not need it.