Re: h and section/div

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 20:45:09 +0100 (BST)
To: www-html@w3.org

> 	So it is redundant with title, except for the fact that
> 	it should display, instead of just "being available".

It is not redundant with title, as title gives a description that will
stand alone, as the only result of a search engine hit, or in someone's
bookmarks ("favorites"), whereas the first level heading of a document
is used in the context of the document and is usually shorter.

(I know that title is a difficult concept, because a lot of people do
duplicate the logical H1 and many, if not most, fail to have a usable title
at all.)