Re: HTML Body Background as Color !

From: Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:04:00 -0700 (PDT)
To: Sivan Lakshmanan <Sivan@shcsb.com.sg>, "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>

--- Sivan Lakshmanan <Sivan@shcsb.com.sg> wrote:

> By Mistake I have supplied a color code as
> background to my page and found
> that the page got reloaded twice whenever it is
> called... Why??
>
> PAGE IS LOADED TWICE:
> <BODY background="#F9F9F9"  bgcolor="#f4f4f4">
> </BODY>
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Sivan

Well, because a hexadecimal value is not allowed in
background, the result kind of undefined; In a
programming language you'd just get the
compiler/interpretter complaining about illegal syntax
but because of the design of HTML the browser just
tries to understand your tag soup...
I have no idea what browsers do with a hexadecimal
value for background; Reloading twice seems weird but
strictly speaking you can't even call it a bug

Joris