Re: ID and NAME tokens (CDATA problems)

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:35:21 +0100 (BST)
To: www-html@w3.org

> name = cdata [CI]
> This attribute assigns the control name.

This is about attribute values, not attribute names.  As far as I know,
the DOM requires the use of get elements by name and get element by id
methods in contexts where the Netscape 4 document object model would have
allowed one to use the attribute name as a subscript or directly in
a qualified name.

The Netscape techniques fall under DOM0 for which I have yet to see
an adequate specification other than the raw source code of Mozilla.

I've spelled the method names out to avoid checking the exact capitalisation.