Re: Using XML to create a compound element

Hi Nicholas,

I admit I do not fully understand your intention, but it sounds like you
want to embed a stylesheet in an XHTML page. That way, you can transform
parts of your document "on the fly," and replace your <myns:myhead> element
with elements from the XHTML namespace. This method is described in [1].

Alternatively, XSLT has a special syntax [2] that lets you create a
stylesheet much like you create an ASP or PHP page: in a sense embedding it
in the HTML page. I'm not sure whether this would suit your needs better,
but from the sound of it, you ought to go with the former method.

I hope this helps,

--
Daniel Brockman
daniel@brockman.nu

[1] XSLT 1.0, Section 2.7: Embedding Stylesheets;
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#section-Embedding-Stylesheets
[2] XSLT 1.0, Section 2.3: Literal Result Element as Stylesheet;
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#result-element-stylesheet