Using XML to create a compound element

From: mmuguira <mmuguira@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 00:06:04 -0500
To: <www-html@w3.org>
I've been looking for a while now on how to do this, and the closest I've seen to it is defining a new html element in the dtd using xml. I want to define an element, that is essentially only a compound element, essentially doing what I could do with a stylesheet, but I want to do it in place on an html page. For example I would like to define an element "myhead" which would essentially be

<xsl:stylesheet>
  <xsl:template match="myhead">
    <head>
      <title ... / >
      .
      .
      .
      <xsl:value-of>
   </head>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Can I do this without calling an applet or an active x object.

Thanks
Nicholas Muguira