Re: WD-xhtml2-20030506: <qst>ions and <ans>wers

From: Lanny Heidbreder <newsgroups@75thtrombone.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:24:47 -0500
To: <www-html@w3.org>

> I'd suggest that the structure here is
> really:

>              <ans>....</ans>
>          </qa>
>     </ans>
>
> </qa>

Semantically here, "Did I really say that?" is not a question at all.
Grammatically it's a rhetorical question, but in terms of markup it is
nothing more than the answer to the preceding question.  To denote THAT as a
<qst> would imply that we should denote ALL questions in ALL documents as
<qst>, when in fact semantically, questions often appear outside the scope
of a question/answer series.

If <dt> weren't restricted to inline content, definition lists would be
perfect for this application.  Each question could be a <dt> and each answer
a <dd>.