Re: WD-xhtml2-20030506: <qst>ions and <ans>wers

From: Dave Hodder <dmh@dmh.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:19:45 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

David Woolley wrote:
>>     <section class="qa">
>

> Why is this not an element?

> Why are qst and ans inline elements, forcing a complicated content
> model, and restricting both to a single paragraph?
>
> Why is there not a content model (which I would expect to look more
> or less the same as dl)?  A content model is needed, otherwise the most
> important piece of information cannot be cleanly specified:  which
> answer belongs to which question.

Proposing <qst> and <ans> as inline elements was, I admit, an attempt to
retro-fit XHTML with as few changes as possible.  Associating inline
question and answer elements could be done with ID/IDREF, but I concede
your approach has a better structure and the single-paragraph
restriction is unacceptable.

Thanks,

Dave