  From: Willard
  To: www-html@w3.org
  Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 12:56 AM
  Subject: confused

  I have been doing HTML for about 4 years now and have come across a
strange situation. I have a laptop with Win 95 and older versions of
Netscape and IE. I have 2 desktops - 300mhz ibm and 1 ghz clone. The clone
has Netscape v. 6.x and a newer version of IE. The IBM has basically the
same browsers as the laptop.

  I can open an HTML file on the laptop and the blink, marquee, and bgsound
tags will work. But when I do this on the clone, the same tags don't work. I
haven't tried it on the IBM lately but it used to work. I now use an SBC
browser, which is IE dressed up for SBC, and the tags still don't work. I
can access my web site but these don't work. I know that certain tags have
been deprecated but couldn't find much on the W3C web site about these three
tags. Any ideas?