RE: suggestion

From: Vlad Giszpenc <vlad@logicmagic.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:20:39 -0500
To: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: <www-html@w3.org>

>><nl> is in the XHTML 2.0 drafts... does that do pretty much what you want?

Yes.  ul, ol, and li also fit the bill.  I apologize to the list.  I missed
it.

However!

I still don't see a way to select multiple items as in options in a
<select>.  I still don't see a simple way to send the whole tree without
needing to mess with the DOM with javascript once on the client in order to
show more or less of the tree.

I guess I am looking for a SELECTED and a MULTIPLE attribute that would work
in a form with these list tags.

I don't understand how to predetermine the open or closed (and why not add
locked and others) state of the <nl> tag.

Thanks,

Vlad