Re: My thoughts on XHTML 2

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:23:47 -0000
To: <www-html@w3.org>

In article 3E302210.9090507@jonasj.dk,
Jonas Jørgensen <jonasj@jonasj.dk>wrote:

> Yes: Write your document the way you want it to look for user-agents
> without scripting, then use scripts to hide the stuff you don't want
> user-agents with scripting to show.

Whilst this is how HTML should be written, the reality is that it is written
for the default condition top end browser then hacked to make it work with
older browsers and non-standard configurations.  A lot of UK commercial
pages are completely blank to me.

Note that I would be worried if the people heavily into scripting rushed to
XHTML 2.0; I would suspect them of doing it to get points on their CV, not
for good technical reasons.