Php Checkboxes

From: David Luo <webmaster@brezosoft.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 14:43:37 +0800
To: <www-html@w3.org>
There quite a few checkboxes on my pages

If i "check" any of them, it's able to update the tables successfully and add it to the database. I use array names for the checkboxes i.e.

<input type="checkbox" name="prob[]" value="hello"> Hello</input>

However if i dont' select anything, upon hitting Submit, I would expect the array to be null or empty. However any reference i make to prob returns a message saying

Undefined variable: prob in /path on line 10

The checks i have tried so far are

if (strcmp($prob[0],"") != 0)

if($prob != null)

How does php deal with no checkbox selection ? There might be a very simple answer to it.

Jerry L