  From: David Luo
  To: www-html@w3.org
  Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 10:13 AM
  Subject: Php Checkboxes

  There quite a few checkboxes on my pages

  x.php

  If i "check" any of them, it's able to update the tables successfully and add it to the database. I use array names for the checkboxes i.e.

  <input type="checkbox" name="prob[]" value="hello"> Hello</input>

  However if i dont' select anything, upon hitting Submit, I would expect the array to be null or empty. However any reference i make to prob returns a message saying

  Undefined variable: prob in /path on line 10

  The checks i have tried so far are

  if (strcmp($prob[0],"") != 0)

  if($prob != null)

  How does php deal with no checkbox selection ? There might be a very simple answer to it.

  Thanks,

  Regards,
  Jerry L
  http://www.brezosoft.com