Re: [XHTML2] Inline list element proposal

From: Ernest Cline <ernestcline@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:25:59 -0500
To: "Ineke van der Maat" <inekemaa@xs4all.nl>
Cc: www-html@w3.org

In the absence of specific styling information, the inline list elements
would have exactly the same effect as span, thus the default
presentation of

would be exactly the same as:

It's an inline element with no particular styling information at
all associated with it.  It's only purpose is to indicate that here
is a list of items embedded inside inline text content.

The embedded list is equivalent to the list:
<label>My favorite colors</label>
but in the absence of styling info or an interface used by a
user agent to extract embedded lists it wouldn't be
displayed that way.