Le 02 déc. 2003, à 08:11, Lachlan Hunt a écrit :
>  No, it's not presentational, its the result of not being able to
> specify content models that change depending on the parent element.
> If there were no distinction between inline an block, then you could
> have things like paragraphs inside span elements

I have thought a lot about it. And I unfortunately do not agree. But I
guess the usual confusion is between

- Semantics
- Structure
- Presentation

Structure and Presentation are very difficult to distinguish and it
seems sometimes overkilling to have two tags for the same semantics
when only the structure has changed.

The structural interpretation IMHO comes from the HTML old times and
should not matter so much. Though come the difficulty to understand
what is structure and what is semantics. A list is a structure or
semantics. It depends on who's looking at it.

You could achieve the same presentation and the same meaning with:

Example 1 (not valid now)
Street, Douglas City</address>.</p>
in CSS,	p address {display: block;}

AND

Example 2
<address>Acme Inc. 42, Main Street, Douglas City</address>