Re: [XHTML2] Poor little old <a>

From: Jared Warren <warren@cs.queensu.ca>
Date: 11 Apr 2003 11:39:05 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org

[deletia]
> With a list of URI's for href will also come the need for a list of
> MIME-types for type (or hreftype, since type is currently overloaded
> with multiple uses.)  Potentially bulky, if the author is allowed to
> specify a different group of acceptable types for each href, but not
> unmanageable.

Um, excuse me for apparently missing something, but isn't the obvious
answer to all these concerns the combination of XLink and XHTML2? For
that matter, isn't the xhtml2:href attribute redundant with xlink:href?

Don't reinvent the wheel, guys. If XHTML2 didn't come with a Hypertext
module, I imagine UAs would be much quicker to implement XLink.

~ Jared Warren <warren@cs.queensu.ca>
Computing Science, Queen's University