Re: [XHTML2] Unicode line and paragraph separators

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tantek Çelik" <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
Subject: Re: [XHTML2] Unicode line and paragraph separators

> > With XHTML1, that was encouraged by the specs explicitly allowing it. I
> > hope it will not be encouraged with XHTML2.
>
> It doesn't matter whether it will be encouraged or not - people will do it
> if they can get it to "work".
>
> As evidence, note that it was _not_ encouraged for people to do that with
> XHTML 1.1, but they are doing so anyway, more and more.
>
> Tantek

I've been doing precisely that for some time, despite the fact that it is
'considered harmful'. I am not so sure I am likely to jump into using XHTML
2.0 quite so quickly, though. To my mind it seems rather strict and perhaps
not ideal for creating rich web content. Nevertheless, I agree with Tantek
in that I think many will make use of it before user agents exist than can
handle it.

Simon Jessey

w: http://jessey.net/blog/
e: simon@jessey.net