Re: A list idea

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 13:53:59 +0100 (BST)
To: www-html@w3.org

> Why not permit list elements to be in the content of other list elements?

You mean like in  HTML 1.0 through HTML 4.01 and XHTML 1.0, and probably
beyond.  What you are proposing has been there from the beginning!

The content model for LI is (%flow)*, in HTML 4.01, which includes almost
everything, including UL, etc.

> Herešs what I mean.  The ol and ul elements now only allow li elements,

I don't understand the superscript 1 between Here and s, etc.