Re: Subheadings desired in XHTML 2.0

From: Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 19:54:47 +0200 (EET)
To: John Anthony Lewis <lewi0371@mrs.umn.edu>
cc: <www-html@w3.org>

On 2002-11-09, John Anthony Lewis uttered to www-html@w3.org:

>If I was to try to break down the meaning of subheading I would end up
>with something like "a heading of something that has a heading."

A believe what the original poster means is a smaller title immediately
following a proper one, at the same level of the section hierarchy. The
title attaches to the same structural element as the major one. I think
this is best handled by two consequtive h elements in XHTML 2.0, and CSS's
+ selector, or using classes to separate the two. After all, the smaller
title is semantically a title for the same section, and so nicely follows
the way h's are supposed to be used.
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - mailto:decoy@iki.fi, tel:+358-50-5756111