Re: line breaks vs. line elements (comments on XHTML 2.0 text module)

From: Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 21:32:48 +0100
To: www-html <www-html@w3.org>

Tantek Çelik:

> On 11/7/02 11:16 AM, "Bertilo Wennergren" <bertilow@gmx.net> wrote:

>> Well, actually the code example provided seems to suggest that a break
>> is desired _before_ the math element, but _not after it_.

> Actually, the original post makes it quite clear that display:block is what
> is desired:

Indeed the text and the code example don't match very  well. In any case
the important thing is that any version can be done without keeping the
"br" element. Either with XHTML 2.0 only, using "line", or with CSS.

> Oh, and if you preferred just a break before, you could do that as well:

>  math:before { display:block }

Thanks for the suggestion. I had no idea you could do that.

--
Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net> <http://www.bertilow.com>