Re: Suggestion: change abbr to full word

From: (wrong string) šper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 22:24:18 +0100
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Cc: "John Anthony Lewis" <lewi0371@mrs.umn.edu>

John Anthony Lewis <lewi0371@mrs.umn.edu>:
> Hello Denis,
>
>> While we're on the subject, I've always wondered why <blockquote>
>> was so long :)
>
> You and me both. I would prefer <bq>.

I'd prefer <blockquote> replaced by <Q>, while <q> remained the same, i.e.
block level elements uppercase, [equivalent] inline ones lowercase. Perhaps
an uppercase first letter would suffice: <Code> for a full source listing
and <code> for a reference to a function or the like in a <P>.
This case dependent concept is, however, totally unknown to XHTML and any
other W3C standard I know.

Christoph