Re: Addition of HTML tag?

From: Mark Gallagher <mark@cyberfuddle.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 01:46:46 +1000
To: eric650@pipeline.com
CC: www-html@w3.org
   wrote:
> I had an idea for the addition of an HTML tag.  While perusing the web I
> noticed that I was always clickin on "next" links on a page.  I read a
> lot of forums and view screenshots for games in slideshow format etc.  I
> was thinking it would be cool if there was a "next page" tag in HTML
> that would tell the browser which page was next in a series, like page 2
> of screenshots for example.
>
> The addition of this tag would also mean the browsers must identify it
> and add a next page shortcut on the keyboard.  Perhaps ctrl-right arrow
> or ctrl-enter or something similar.  I am suggesting this tag because
> its tedious to be clicking next all the time and finding it in varying
> locations on the page.
>
> What do you think?

I think you're a little late :o).  <LINK> already does everything you're
asking for, and more.  The only problem is that some browsers don't
support it.  Actually, I think the only browsers that *do* support it
are Mozilla, Lynx, and Mosaic.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/links.html#edef-LINK

--
Mark Gallagher