Re: Dreamweaver MX XHTML

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 06:06:11 +0200
To: Gregor Wolbring <gwolbrin@ucalgary.ca>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
* Gregor Wolbring wrote:

Gregor, please take a look at

discussing the purpose of this list. There are better forums on general
HTML authoring and usage of Tools like Dreamweaver around.

>Hi everybody,
>I use Dreamweaver MX to move my webpage away from Frontpage. And I want
>to put it into XHTML. So I use their tool for doing so.
>But when I do the code is still not XHTML compliant even XHTML

Bring your issue to the vendor of that software, if it does not do what
is advertised, go and reclaim your money.

>Even codes of objects from Dreamweaver such as the Jump menu and the
>stuff added through CSS gives me red flags as not compliant. And get
>picked up by their own validator. But when I want to fix it their XHTML
>fix tool says all syntax ok.

Even worse.

>And i can't get the TIDY on o'raillies page to work. And
>I assume there is no free windows based version of Tidy?

If you are talking about HTML Tidy, it is available from
<http://tidy.sourceforge.net/>, the very latest Win32
version as zip archived exe file can be found at
<http://tidy.sf.net/other/tidy-2002-05-09.zip>, but please
note that this version is to be considered alpha quality.