Re: XHTML Media Types Note published

From: Christoph Schneegans <Christoph@Schneegans.de>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 23:30:57 GMT
To: "Peter Sheerin" <pete@petesguide.com>, <www-html@w3.org>
Peter Sheerin wrote:

>> We do recommend to serve XHTML 1.1 documents as
>> application/xhtml+xml for future publication.
> (The latest versions of Mozilla/Netscape and Opera handle it fine.)

This statement is true for Mozilla. Opera, however, discards entities
other than  '&lt;', '&gt;', '&quot;', '&amp;' and '&apos;'. Style
elements and attributes are ignored, the link element doesn't work
either for stylesheets, so the only way to link to an external CSS is a
XML processing instruction.

Christoph Schneegans