Re: XHTML Media Types Note published

From: Peter Sheerin <pete@petesguide.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 15:27:48 -0700
To: "Masayasu Ishikawa" <mimasa@w3.org>, <www-html@w3.org>
> We do recommend to serve
> XHTML 1.1 documents as application/xhtml+xml for future publication.

I've tried changing one of my sites to use this mime type, only to find that not even version 6 of IE could handle it--it wanted to download the pages instead of displaying them.

Have you any word on when Microsoft will support this mime type in IE?

(The latest versions of Mozilla/Netscape and Opera handle it fine.)