? what to do ?

From: Robert Koberg <rob@koberg.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2002 06:44:11 -0800
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Hello,

A few weeks ago I had asked about the possibility of putting the block-level
attribute 'contentEditable'[1] into the standard.  There was no response on
that issue.  I was wondering if there was a better place to post the
question? Can someone address it here?

I don't feel this is a ridiculous request. Didn't TBL envision this type of
thing?

best,
-Rob

[1] For example:

<!-- edit specific page components -->
<h1 contentEditable="yes">My title</h1>

or
<!-- free-form editing -->
<h1>My title</h1>

The browser sees that certain parts of the page and allows editing. The page
developer creates a form or (uses javascript to write a form dynamically)
and assigns the newly revised html to a hidden field which is submitted to
the server for whatever.