Re: HR: structure or presentation?

Marc Attinasi, at 13:51 -0800 on 2002-02-14, wrote:

> If one did not care about the presentation, then one would probably not
> use it, but instead use a DIV I think.

The problem with a div is that it only wraps around blocks.  <hr/>, while
not quite specifying how much of a divider it is, is 'easier' to use as a
generic divider, since it, like <br/>, can be simply inserted into a
stream of elements.

and are probably used as presentional helpers.

--
Frank Tobin		http://www.neverending.org/~ftobin/