Re: Another angle to the HR argument

From: <SCJessey@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:54:09 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org

Melody Chamlee posts:

<<I hope my thoughts shed some alternate light on the subject of horizontal rule inclusion in modern website navigation.>>

I believe you have made an excellent point. Oftentimes, the <hr /> element is used to separate content that would otherwise have been created in an independent document. I have always disliked lengthy, meandering pages that flick from one topic to another. They become particularly annoying when they are sprinkled with plenty animated GIFs and other images.

Removing the <hr /> element may give designers and developers another reason to split content up into separate, easy-to-navigate documents.

Simon Jessey
www.jessey.net
scjessey@aol.com