DISCONTINUE : In support of the "line space" (nee <hr>)

From: eximcon <eximcon@mail.ru>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 02:12:57 +0530
To: "David Majda" <david.majda@seznam.cz>, <www-html@w3.org>
Cc: <www-html@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: David Majda <david.majda@seznam.cz>
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Cc: <www-html@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2002 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: In support of the "line space" (nee <hr>)

 > On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:50:51 -0700 (PDT)
 > Bill Daly <billdalynj@yahoo.com> wrote:
 >
 > | But is that a solution or a hack?
 >
 > Do I really need to answer this? It's a hack of course, but it's
 > valid XHTML. I think a small hack like this is probably preferable to
 > the <hr> element, which is a hack in itself.

I don't want to do hackery with <div>'s. What I need is to write hr
sometimes, and style it in my CSS so that it looks how I want. I don't
care if it is structural or presentational, it simply serves it's purpose.

You have a great opportunity to stop the progress of the web, because if
   XHTML 2.0 goes out without <hr>, I simply won't use it. And if there
will be more useful features "forgotten" in the spec, nobody will use it.

Think practically, sometimes.

Regards
David Majda

--