HTML Working Group Rechartered

Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org> wrote:

> As indicated on the public overview page [1] as well as the roadmap [2],
> the WG is currently under rechartering.  The Charter review period has
> just ended earlier this week, and we expect to announce the launch of
> the rechartered HTML WG shortly.  New charter and updated roadmap will
> be made available at that time.  Stay tuned.

So the WG is now formally rechartered.  New charter is available at:

    http://www.w3.org/2002/05/html/charter

and you may also check the updated roadmap at:

    http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/xhtml-roadmap/

> Roughly, the new group will be chartered for 2 years, and for XHTML2,
> we will spend one year for developing the spec and another year for
> implementing it.

As for XHTML2, the WG expects to publish the second public Working Draft
in early September, but that draft will NOT reflect most of public
comments received so far, it will be just an editorial update.  The WG
is accumulating the comments and will review them at their face-to-face
meeting in mid September.  The third and later drafts will incorporate
more substantial changes, and the WG will strive to publish more often
to keep you informed.

Thanks,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org