Re: <meta> tags and their practical use

From: Tom Gilder <tom@tom.me.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 01:27:29 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

On Friday, August 23, 2002, 7:32:42 PM, you wrote:
> if you watch how <meta>-Tags are (miss) used, I'm not sure, if they
> shouldn't be repoved from the HTML standard.

Meta tags are in common use, and are still recognized by search
engines (although now things like keywords are mostly ignored). Even
Google pays attention to a description meta-tag, if it can find no
content within a document.

I see no reason to remove them, unless they were replaced with a
specialized XML language for adding semantic information (which could
be interesting actually, hmmm...).

--
Tom Gilder
http://tom.me.uk/