Re: My comments on the XHTML 2 draft.

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2002 11:40-0900
To: www-html@w3.org

Jonas Jørgensen wrote:

> Toby Inkster wrote:
> > Another idea for an element I shall call <Title> (note: upper case
> T, because obviously there is already a <title> element) Anyway, it
> could
> > be used to mark up the titles of books, software packages, films
> and songs. Right now, <span> classes have to be used instead.
>
> This one I strongly support (though maybe Title isn't the greatest
> name
> for it).

More useful would be a full bibliographic vocabulary.  I don't keep pace
with library science, but I assume that such a vocabulary is either
deployed or in the making.

> If <br/> is included in the final XHTML 2.0 spec, then it should
> /probably/ still cause a line break inside a <line> element. But this
>
> example is yet another argument for removing <br/> rather than
> deprecating it.

Indeed; remove that wart post-haste.

--
Etan Wexler <mailto:ewexler@stickdog.com>
"First Ani di Franco Lyric, then cry, then fist, then you're a dyke."