Re: My comments on the XHTML 2 draft.

From: Jonas Jørgensen <jonasj@jonasj.dk>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:52:14 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org

Mark Gallagher wrote:
>>> Another idea for an element I shall call <Title> (note: upper case T,
>>> because obviously there is already a <title> element) Anyway, it could
>>> be used to mark up the titles of books, software packages, films and
>>> songs. Right now, <span> classes have to be used instead.
>>
>> This one I strongly support (though maybe Title isn't the greatest name
>> for it).
>
> <cite> seems fairly appropriate to me for this.

"The cite element contains a citation or a reference to other sources"

What if you're not referencing another source, but merely mentioning the
title of some book? Is <cite> appropriate then?

/Jonas

--
"Your password must be at least 18770 characters and cannot repeat any
of your previous 30689 passwords. Please type a different password."