Re: How about a <notice> element?

From: Jonas Jørgensen <jonasj@jonasj.dk>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 19:14:29 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org

Brian V Bonini wrote:
>> Visual user agents could render <notice type="notice"> with a green
>> background and <notice type="error"> and <notice type="warning"> with a
>> red background, and/or they could display an icon next to the notice (on
>> the Windows platform, an "I" sign, an exclamation mark, and a red circle
>> with a white X in it is typically used for these types of messages).
>
> Presentation should be controllable via css and not fixed. I think.. :)

Of course. I'm merely talking about the default presentation. Most
visual user agents's default style for the <em> element is italic fonts;
similarly, red and green backgrounds would IMO be a sane default for
<notice> elements. But the author will, as always, be able to override
the presentation using style sheets.

/Jonas