Re: Comments on XHTML 2.0 Working Draft

From: Jonny Axelsson <jax@opera.no>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:59:02 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org

07.08.02 12:21:28, Andrew Clover <and@doxdesk.com> wrote:

>I agree, but would rather see <script src> removed completely in favour
>of a more sensible/consistent approach like <link rel="script" href="...">.

This is something I could agree with. It would have to be in addition to the
script element though, as we wouldn't want to take away the capability to do
inline scripts and noscript fallbacks. (Yes, linked scripts are cleaner, as
are linked style sheets, but sometimes inline scripts are more convenient or
even the only alternative.)

Jonny Axelsson,
Documentation,
Opera Software