Re: Comments on XHTML 2.0 Working Draft

From: <SCJessey@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:00:38 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
> Every argument for deprecating <br> in favor of <line> also applies to
as a section separator -- just like <br> is a line separator. With XHTML 2.0,
we have the <line> and <section> elements for marking up lines and sections,
?

I agree with this line of reasoning.  The goal of the W3C has always been to
separate structure from presentation. The horizontal rule would be purely a
presentational element if it coexisted with <section>.  I've always regarded
it to be something of a peculiar anomaly as it is.

Simon Jessey
http://jessey.net