Re: Structure of Paragraphs in HTML/XHTML

"Laurie Brown" <laurieb@tidalwave.net> writes:

> While this looks OK with the current default behavior of browsers--i.e.,
> skipping a line between before and after elements denoted as paragraphs--it
> may not in the future depending on rendering styles.  In addition, it does
> not seem to me to be semantically correct.

Yes, it's not semantically correct.  HTML does not provide a suitable
markup vocabulary for literate writing.

You might want to think about using something more sophisticated such
as TEI markup from the Text Encoding Initiative
(http://www.tei-c.org).

                                    -- Bill