Re: Alternative to NOBR tag?

From: <mgreisman@scanalytics.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:23:31 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org, DDelaney@PowerCreative.com
I had almost the same problem with multiple words that I did not want to break. For example:
| Menu Item 1 | Menu Item 2 | Menu Item 3 |

The good folks in the HTML Writer's Guild recommended I use non-breaking spaces between the words I didn't want to break. Oh, yeah, "non-breaking" means something!

This doesn't quite solve Dan's problem with hyphens within phone numbers, but it might help...

So, what's the final word on the nowrap style? Are we supposed to use that for inline elements or not?

Thanks,
Michael