RE: XHTML 1.1 DTD, Bug in AElfred (used by saxon)

From: William F. Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:17:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
Christian Wolfgang Hujer <Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com>

> Since more XML Parsers and software based on them might have this bug,
> and since it will take some time until these bugs are fixed, I
> suggest, that the HTML working group changes the URI of the drivers to
> be absolute URLs.

Although I have not verified the correctness of all of this, it does
seem to be pointing in the right direction.

BUT going to absolute URI's is NOT A GOOD IDEA if those URI's are
network resources.  Surely we don't want all of our parsing to wait
for the network.  Much less would we want a resource-serving host
to think that it is experiencing too many hits and, as a result,
close the referenced resource.

If one likes, the resources can be imported once, and then one can
substitute "full pathnames".

Much better to get a fixed parser.

                                    -- Bill