Re: Proxy Authentication

* Ajay wrote:

Please note that www-html doesn't deal with HTTP, I suggest posting to
some more appropriate list, www-talk or http-wg come to my mind.

>I m writing a client to authenticate a proxy  these r the headers
>
>Server response :-
>
>HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy authentication required
>Proxy-Authenticate: Basic realm="www.yahoo.com"
>
>Client Response  :-

Clients never respond to the server, they only send requests.

>GET http://www.yahoo.com/ HTTP/1.0
>
>Accept: */*
>Host: www.yahoo.com
>Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
>Proxy-Authorization: Basic bWFpbHNjYW46bWFpbHNjYW4=

>but it is giving a response : 407 Access  denied
>
>Can any one tell me where it is going wrong ,the password is correct

You should ask this question to your proxy administrator, the request
looks fine to me, but I don't know whether 'mailscan' is the correct
username and password.

Bcc: to www-html@w3.org to prevent followups to the list.