RE: Default Submit Button

How is it specifically an Internet Explorer problem if HTML cant handle
a default button behavior?

That makes no sense?

That's like saying it is Ford's problem there is no 45 octane gas
available in my area.

Here is the w3 spec for forms:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html

Specifically this line:

"push buttons: Push buttons have no default behavior. Each push button
may have client-side scripts associated with the element's event
attributes. When an event occurs (e.g., the user presses the button,
releases it, etc.), the associated script is triggered."

If HTML cant handle it, how is the browser supposed to know? I am sure
you could create this behavior with JavaScript and Focus() method of the
OnLoad event. I am no JS guru, but I am sure it could be done.

I know you can do it in VBScript, but that limits you to IE.

Mike Carlson
http://www.domitianx.com
domitianx@domitianx.com

Thought Of The Moment:

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."