Re: AW: Charset "iso-10646-1"

From: <roconnor@math.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:22:40 -0700 (PDT)
To: W3C HTML <www-html@w3.org>

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Christian Wolfgang Hujer wrote:

> My two cents about that:
> First cent: XHTML 1.0 Appendix C.1 confuses all XML/HTML beginners because
> the XML declaration is mentioned in that paragraph about processing
> instructions as if it were a processing instruction, but the XML declaration
> is not a processing instruction, it is explicitely excluded from processing
> instructions by the XML specification (first and second edition).

Where does the XML specification say this?  I couldn't find it (seached
for all occurances of "processin instruction").

- --
Russell O'Connor                        roconnor@alumni.uwaterloo.ca
           <http://www.math.berkeley.edu/~roconnor/>
``Paradoxically, a refusal to `put a monetary value on life' means that
life is often undervalued.'' -- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach