frames and width definitions

From: Iztok Jeras <jeras@d-d.si>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 11:01:32 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-html@w3.org>
I use frames because in that case I can have an SVG animated menu always
loaded and visible (without flickers while loading a new page).
But I have problems with scrolling of the content. Scrolling should be
enabled for the whole frameset an not only for the single framesets.
So that two separated strollers for a menu and a desktop frame would not
be needed, getting a more no frame look.

The width definition should be reviewed too, I can not define the width
of a frame or table or a <div>
(140px, 100%-140px) so that the width of the menu would be fixed and the
desktop would fill the remains of the page.

iztok jeras