RE: Indicating browser support for XHTML1.0

From: Christian Wolfgang Hujer <Christian.Hujer@itcqis.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 22:36:25 +0100
To: "Monostory Miklos" <dkmm@axelero.hu>, "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>
Hello Monostory Miklos, dear list members,

which is of no interest because you simple use an XSLT copy transformation
that reads iso-8859-2 and writes ASCII. It's all so simple :)

XHTML Source in propretary encoding containing special characters

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.0//EN"
		<title>Übung 1</title>
		<h1>Übung 1</h1>
			Ändern des Encodings: Copy-Stylesheets haben Hand und Fuß.

XSLT transformation rule (sometimes called Stylesheet, but in this case this
name probably doesn't meet the purpose) to transform iso-8859-1 to ASCII.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:transform xslns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"

		doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.0//EN"

	<xsl:template match="*|@*|comment()">

I am not sure about the hungarian language code and special characters, so I
gave a german example.
I do not guarantee the supplied stylesheet works with all transformators
(processors) or does not contain typos ;)
And I know some transformators don't know US-ASCII-7 under that name, you
might have to change it to ASCII or US-ASCII, and some might even be case
sensitive regarding the name of the encoding.

Any questions: simple ask (if you consider them too off topic, simple reply

Greetings, have a long life and a lot of fun
(or should I say "life long and prosper"?)