After all this time, I should know this but...

From: <Adam_van_den_Hoven@vancity.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 10:09:51 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org
Hi all,

I'm in a situation where I have users authoring content with a 3rd party
content creation app. Although they are only given simple text areas, some
of them are adding HTML markup to the content like tables.

Unfortunately tables are giving me problems. I need to support NS4.7x which
mean that I need to use nested tables to generate the table borders.
Unfortunately, that means that I have to give them templates that are far
more complex than they should have to deal with.

What I want to give them is the following template:

<caption>...</caption>

I would then define the entities as is appropriate at the time (for
instance they'd be empty once I can drop NS4.7 support).

I was sure that I could accomplish this with HTML in NS but all my attempts
seem to have failed.

Any ideas?

Adam