From: www-html-request@w3.org [mailto:www-html-request@w3.org]On Behalf
Of David Bindel
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 22:23
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: What is shtml?

> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry to ask this dumb question. What is really shtml? I need some info
> about this. I tried to look at w3c site but did not find anything.
> >
> > -ravi

NowI'm not the expert on this, but from what I have read, a file with the
extension .SHTML means it utilizes Server-Side Includes (SSI) which enables
web developer to insert HTML (by using an SSI command) across a whole
website
by changing just a single file, which the embedded SSI command calls for.

As for how to use SSI, I have no idea.

If I'm wrong, sorry.

(Hopefully),
David Bindel