Re: What is shtml?

From: David Bindel <nwprog@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 19:23:06 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry to ask this dumb question. What is really shtml? I need some info
> about this. I tried to look at w3c site but did not find anything.
> >
> > -ravi

NowI'm not the expert on this, but from what I have read, a file with the
extension .SHTML means it utilizes Server-Side Includes (SSI) which enables a
web developer to insert HTML (by using an SSI command) across a whole website
by changing just a single file, which the embedded SSI command calls for.

As for how to use SSI, I have no idea.

If I'm wrong, sorry.

(Hopefully),
David Bindel