RE: Forum

From: Dave J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 15:43:02 +0100
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>

	[DJW:]
	If you want to treat this list like a web based bulletin
	board, with thread trees, etc., access it using:

	<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2001Jun/thread.html>

	(reset each month) or use an email user agent that can
	thread - they do exist.

	I would not want it as a typical web forum (which have, I think,
	more to do with replacing USENET with a medium that allows adverts
	than providing a service).

	Using such a forum would probably encourage off topic material even
	more than at present and would force online replying.