Re: Character Entity Reference for Single Quote.

From: Ralph Corderoy <ralph@inputplus.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:01:58 +0000
To: Tim Bagot <tsb-w3-html-0002@earth.li>
cc: www-html@w3.org

Hi Tim,

Thanks to everyone that helped out on this, much appreciated.

> > BTW, I'm not a subscriber having found a pointer to the list but no
> > subscription details so please keep me CC'd on this.
>
> [For more information about W3C mailing lists and how to subscribe
> (and unsubscribe), see <http://www.w3.org/Mail/>.]

Yes, I did subscribe after waiting a while for my first missive to
appear in the archives.  It didn't and no bounce came back;  presumably
mail from non-subscribers is silently dropped?  Bit of a pain given

    http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/

contains a `mailto:www-html@w3.org' link and points to the archives at

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/

Using the mailto seems to be silently ignored.  Following the `HTML
overview page'

    http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/

gets me to a page with lots of info and if I plough through it I come
across another mention of the list under Discussion Forums with a `how
to subscribe' link.

Should http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/ contain a link to a list-specific
page which says how to subscribe, where the archives are, etc., instead
of just putting me at the archives.  Just a suggestion.

Ralph.